We welcome any questions and/or comments you may have regarding our policies.
Information we collect
- We only collect personally-identifying information when you provide it to us!
- If you communicate with us by any means regarding our web site or services, we will collect any information providing in any such communication including your name and contact information.
- We will store your email address if you subscribe to any alerts or newsletters
- We also use a "double opt-in" process before adding email addresses to our system. This means that after you ask to receive emails, we confirm the request by sending a confirmation message to the email address provided.
- Optional information you choose to provide when leaving comments or reviews
- We may provide you the opportunity to participate in interactive features on our site. If you participate, we will request certain information from you. Participation is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
- We use web analytics technology to record anonymous traffic data
- This information includes Internet domain and host names, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser software, operating system types, click stream patterns, and the dates and times that web sites are accessed.
Information we DO NOT collect
- We do not automatically collect any Personally-Identifying Information about you
- We do not require registration nor collect any personal information for you to use the "My Finds" functionality.
- We do not collect any information about other programs or websites that you are running on your computer.
What we do with your information
- We primarily use your information to track the use of our web site and for other internal purposes
- When you send email or other communication to Kart Finds, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We restrict access to non-public information to those employees (if any) who need to know that information in order to provide services to you.
- Participatory information such as comments and reviews will be published to the site where contributed
- The content that you store, post, or transmit on or through our web site may be accessed by other users, including people that you do not know. We are not responsible for the actions of others. Therefore, you should use care in communicating with other users and only disclose your Personal Information to other users that you know to be trustworthy. You should not assume that your content will be kept private.
- We may contract with various third parties who help us provide, maintain and improve our web site and services
- For example, we use a third party to process payments made to us, and may subcontract out production, fulfillment, analytics, reporting or other operations. We also contract with several online partners to help manage, monitor and optimize our web sites and to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications and how visitors use the web sites. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your Personal Information, except for the purpose of providing the services in question. We cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your Personal Information.
- We may disclose Non-Personal Information in aggregate form only
- For example, this can be provided to potential strategic partners, advertisers, investors, and others. You can not opt-out of the sharing of this information.
What we NEVER do with your information
- We will never spam you
- We comply with all requirements of the CAN-SPAM federal anti-spam law that went into effect on January 1, 2004. If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each email.
- We will never sell, rent or share your personal information with a 3rd party
- We will never disclose your personal information to any individual, business, or government entity, without your express permission, unless required by law. We will share your Personal Information with other entities should you request us to share such information, or if required to respond to court orders, subpoenas or other legal process.
- Web analytics
- Advertising networks
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- Bookmarking and sharing
As is done with most web sites, we utilize cookies, web beacons and log files to provide you with a continuous experience, and for us to record how our web sites are being used. This information is important for security, site improvement, as well as for monitoring the health of our service.
A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than a 1x1 pixel that is placed on a web page or in an email that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the web site or receiving the email.
We log each visit to each web page. A log entry can contain information typically found in the "header" of your web browser's request such as the browser type you used, your Internet Protocol address, and the date and time of day. We may also log your cookie's identification number and the URL of the last site you visited.
Whenever we obtain your Personal Information, we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, we are not insurers of the security of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we do not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services
Google, as a third party vendor, uses DoubleClick DART cookies to serve ads on our site. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to oour sites and/or other sites on the Internet.